Skip to main content

#7 - Frisps: Ready Salted



22/8/18 - Reading

Never before in my life have I eaten something so close to the texture and potential taste of cardboard. I bought a 6 pack of Frisps at high street favourite, Poundland, to add to my ever-growing collection of crisps to try because I thought they would be okay... well they’re not!

These are hands down one of the worst crisp ranges I’ve tried. I’ve implemented a smell test which Frisps failed with a resounding score of 0. These crisps are a poor man’s version of McCoy’s. Literally no flavour or consistency has been thought about when these crisps were produced. What a shambles. 

I’m more upset that I have to eat the cheese & onion and salt & vinegar flavorus eventually. The worst part is that I had to watch my girlfriend enjoy her Transformers BBQ crisps whilst I garnished mine with tears.

1/10

Next episode - Nik Naks: Nice ‘n’ Spicy

Comments

  1. To say i am little disappointed is an understatment. I feel the review is lacking substance as the critic is comparing them to McCoys, yet they haven't reviewed them yet. HOW CAN THIS BE??

    I feel the comment regarding no flavour is ironic bearing in mind they are ready salted crisps (which are also widely know as PLAIN)

    I would also like to point out the inconsistent scoring across the reviews. It now seems to be out of 10 rather than 5.

    All in all a bad review. The Captian needs to up his game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#5 - Space Raiders: Beef

19/8/18 - Winnersh I can’t remember the last time I placed a Space Raider into my mouth but after today, I’m disappointed that I didn’t do it sooner. Now, I know what some of you may be thinking. “Hold on a second, Space Raiders aren’t made of potato!?” And that’s correct, these little yellow alien heads are made of corn. But don’t let that distract of what this blog is about - crisps. In a sense, Space Raiders are crispy, so they are therefore crisps. To stop any embarrassment, it would not be a good idea to argue. Also, Twiglets are not crisps. Space Raiders are a staple to the British diet and the ever so popular beef flavour is a prime example as to why British crisp companies go to the next level to appease to the desires of this great nation. I favour meat flavoured crisps over your standard ‘ready salted’ because I like a bit of rich seasoning with my crunch, and that’s one thing that KP Snacks have nailed with our red alien friend (see above picture if you are confused). With

#6 - Transform-a-Snack: Saucy BBQ

21/8/18 - Reading This is surprisingly the first time I’ve ever tried Transform-a-Snack crisps and I was pleasantly surprised by this flavour! Anything to do with BBQ is a go-to for me because who doesn’t love a BBQ? These crisps are covered in their flavouring similar to that of a Wotsit or Monster Munch so every bite is guaranteed delight. And that rhyme was intentional. My only gripe with these crisps is that there are not a lot of crisps in the small packets, but that’s understandable as these are supposed to be small snacks so there’s not much I can complain about. I look forward to trying the other flavours that Transform-a-Snack have to offer (spicy is on the way)! Unfortunately I did not make a car out of my crisps... 4/5 Next episode - Frisps: Ready Salted