Skip to main content

#3 - Walkers: Prawn Cocktail



17/8/18 - Reading

Before you say anything, I know this is the third Walkers review in a row but it’s easy to get the ball rolling! I have two more crisp reviews in the pipeline in which one of them are made by Walkers but that doesn’t matter!

Anyway, Prawn Cocktail. This is one of my favourite flavours that Walkers have produced. When that bag opens you are greeted by an explosion of the sweet smell of the trademark seasoning that covers each crisp to a standard everyone can be proud of. 

The taste, oh, the taste. One word to describe Walkers’ Prawn Cocktail is tangy. But it’s tangy in a way that’s enjoyable and makes you come back for more. They do not taste the same as my Nan’s Christmas Prawn Cocktail, but that’s okay. I’d even go as far to say that these crisps are better than my Nan’s Prawn Cocktail but don’t tell her I said that.

4/5

Next episode: Walkers: Quavers 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - Frisps: Ready Salted

22/8/18 - Reading Never before in my life have I eaten something so close to the texture and potential taste of cardboard. I bought a 6 pack of Frisps at high street favourite, Poundland, to add to my ever-growing collection of crisps to try because I thought they would be okay... well they’re not! These are hands down one of the worst crisp ranges I’ve tried. I’ve implemented a smell test which Frisps failed with a resounding score of 0. These crisps are a poor man’s version of McCoy’s. Literally no flavour or consistency has been thought about when these crisps were produced. What a shambles.  I’m more upset that I have to eat the cheese & onion and salt & vinegar flavorus eventually. The worst part is that I had to watch my girlfriend enjoy her Transformers BBQ crisps whilst I garnished mine with tears. 1/10 Next episode - Nik Naks: Nice ‘n’ Spicy

#5 - Space Raiders: Beef

19/8/18 - Winnersh I can’t remember the last time I placed a Space Raider into my mouth but after today, I’m disappointed that I didn’t do it sooner. Now, I know what some of you may be thinking. “Hold on a second, Space Raiders aren’t made of potato!?” And that’s correct, these little yellow alien heads are made of corn. But don’t let that distract of what this blog is about - crisps. In a sense, Space Raiders are crispy, so they are therefore crisps. To stop any embarrassment, it would not be a good idea to argue. Also, Twiglets are not crisps. Space Raiders are a staple to the British diet and the ever so popular beef flavour is a prime example as to why British crisp companies go to the next level to appease to the desires of this great nation. I favour meat flavoured crisps over your standard ‘ready salted’ because I like a bit of rich seasoning with my crunch, and that’s one thing that KP Snacks have nailed with our red alien friend (see above picture if you are confused). With

#6 - Transform-a-Snack: Saucy BBQ

21/8/18 - Reading This is surprisingly the first time I’ve ever tried Transform-a-Snack crisps and I was pleasantly surprised by this flavour! Anything to do with BBQ is a go-to for me because who doesn’t love a BBQ? These crisps are covered in their flavouring similar to that of a Wotsit or Monster Munch so every bite is guaranteed delight. And that rhyme was intentional. My only gripe with these crisps is that there are not a lot of crisps in the small packets, but that’s understandable as these are supposed to be small snacks so there’s not much I can complain about. I look forward to trying the other flavours that Transform-a-Snack have to offer (spicy is on the way)! Unfortunately I did not make a car out of my crisps... 4/5 Next episode - Frisps: Ready Salted